Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Video Game News and Updates 002



GAMING WITH DEE - Video Game news and updates


Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to GWD Extended Content’s Video gaming News and Updates for the 18th of June 2013. Today we will talk about;


  • XCOM is coming to iOS with a price tag of $20.

  • Dead Rising 3 will be more mature and sophisticated.

  • Avalanche Dev on game trading

  • Release round up

 

XCOM on iOS


We have known for a while that XCOM was coming to iOS with release date set for June 20th, what we didn’t know is how much it would cost. The price for XCOM is set at $20 in the states, 13.99 pounds in the UK, and 17.99 euros in Europe. Seems like a lot to ask for an iOS game right, it’s right up there with someone Square’s Final Fantasy games released for iOS. Before you jump on the band wagon, let me tell you this though, XCOM Enemy Unknown will be *almost* a direct port of the console and PC version of the game, with lower graphics and some limited map choices. Yesterday on gamespot a post stated that the title will launch on iPhone, iPod, and iPad Touch, with cloud connection to share saves between the three devices. Multiplayer however will not be available on launch, but will be added in a future update for the game, and will be free.

So what are my thoughts on this?... I’d buy it, I mean we aren’t talking about some casual iOS game, or app that they are trying to sell for $20 dollars. We are talking about a FULL game, sure lower graphic quality and fewer maps, but it’s going to be on the iOS. This game doesn’t require a controller to play, and to be honest it’s best on the PC in my opinion. I wouldn’t mind seeing more games where my effectiveness isn’t decreased without the use of a controller on the iPad, I don’t play many games on my iPhone, the screen isn’t big enough for me. My iPad however I can get into that. An as I said the price tag is reasonable. We are talking about a game that came out on pc and console for 50 to 60 dollars. An they are only asking for 20 dollars on iOS, SOLD, and give me more of this. Now if you can make it so that the games saved to cloud could be shared between pc and iOS, I’d go out and market the game FOR YOU.  What am I saying? I’m saying, give me more core games on the iOS that have some connectivity to my console and PC games, and I WILL PAY FOR THEM, an trust me, if I’m willing to shell out that 20 dollars for a iOS game that is a port of a core game, a NEARLY direct port (cause it won’t match graphics.) I promise you that there are more out there who are willing to shell out that 20 dollars.

Again this is a matter of choice, your choice to either get behind this and support it and bring this into the next generation, or whine about the price tag. I get it, not everyone has money to be throwing at games like that, and what may seem like spending money to some, is gas and lunch money to others. I get it trust me, I’ve been on both ends of the spectrum, and am currently balancing in the middle. Trust me I know. If you got the money BUY THIS and show them you want more of this, if not then raise your voice in petitions and blogs and let them know YOU DO WANT THIS. Core games on iOS that connect to cloud, and next gen systems that can connect to cloud, think about it, this could be the start of something. As for XCOM on iOS as I support this, will I actually buy it yeah, I don’t see why not, and I think you should too.

 

Dead Rising 3


When Dead Rising 3 was shown at E3 I have to admit I was rather disappointed with what I saw. I felt like the game was moving away from what I enjoyed about it the most in light of appealing to a more hard core audience. Sadly it seems like my fears were confirmed. To me and many others what set dead rising apart from other hardcore zombie survival games is that it had this zany over-the-top feel to it. I mean I beat a Zombies about the head with a large stuffed animal… COME ON tell me that doesn’t sound appealing to you. Sadly they are moving away from that. A report post on Destructoid stats that Dead Rising 3 is being aimed to appeal to call of duty fans.

If only you could hear me sigh right now. I really don’t know what to say about this, I mean it’s not like this is a reboot of the game, it’s not a brand new IP, Dead Rising had something all the other games didn’t, it had something that set it apart from all the other games. Now you’re telling me you want to change that to appeal to CALL OF DUTY FANS. Of all people CALL OF DUTY FANS, among all the tiers of gamers CoD fans are the lowest. You wanna talk about a game that doesn’t require a great deal of thinking to play look no further then CoD. This looks like nothing more than a cash grab to me because that is all CoD is, and people eat that up. I mean lets be real for a moment. CoD, Final Fantasy, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Pokemon, they all fall in the same tier of being the same game with minor changes to game play and story line. Why fix what isn’t broken, people eat it up, throw money at every single one of these titles when they hit the shelves and online stores.

My question is why shot yourself in the foot, I could see if this game was like DMC, mean I LOVED DMC LOVED IT, but the truth is the reboot WAS GOOD, sure it failed in certain area’s but it had a much better story, and it was much easier to follow and wasn’t full of plot holes. DMC needed a reboot, DEAD RISING HOWEVER DID NOT, thus it hasn’t received one, however dead rising 3 is moving away from everything that made that game enjoyable to me in the first place, had it have been similar I would have actually considered getting a Xbox One, I mean games like Dead Rising would have convinced me to get the console… I think this is a bad Ideal, but I won’t see until the game comes out and I have a chance to see the game play and hear what others who were fans of Dead Rising like myself have to say about it. Sorry Capcom but you haven’t sold this one to me… I won’t be convinced till I see more.

 

Avalanche Dev on game trading


A Developer from Avalanche Studio’s speaks on the reason why so many games are being traded in. He believes the reason why games are being traded in, is due to the fact that games are too short, or offer little motivation to return. Sundberd states;


“I’m sure it’s been an issue but that’s because games have been too short. I mean, when you can play a game through from 8 to 10 hours, I would return the game too, because there’s no reason for gamers to play it again.”



“If you’re offering little variation, then there’s no motivation for players to keep that game-unless they want to have a nice bookshelf. That’s why we answered that with Just Causes. I go into the game stores each week and go to the used game boxes- I usually don’t find that many [copies of Just Cause.]”


I honestly have to say I agree with this, it’s not just game size though, if the game itself is bad then I’m not going to want to keep it either. Depending what your making, make your game worthwhile, make it last more than 10 hours,  and make second and third playthroughs just as interesting as the first. Don’t try and keep people interested in the game with achievements making them play through the same old boring content a second and third time, add new bosses, no enemies, unlock certain area’s DO SOMETHING OTHER THEN POINTLESS ACHIEVEMENTS. It’s been a thing gamers have wanted for a while now, BIGGER GAMES , LONGER GAMES, BETTER GAMES. We have been saying this for years now, and they don’t listen. Listen when game stops employees ARE TOLD TO PUSH USED COPIES OUT BEFORE NEW COPIES, there has got to be a reason behind that. Instead of cracking down on the gamer for not enjoying the game, how about you look at what your giving to use before you try to force it on us eh?

 

Games coming out this week


Finally what we are going to do is take a look a games that are coming out this week, which sadly isn’t a lot, and they aren’t really much to shake a stick at anyway. 

Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles of Mystara 

 

First up we have Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, A collection of Capcom’s classic arcade brawlers. This game will be released on PC, Wii U, PS3 and Xbox live. It’s looks pretty damn good, and I’m kind thinking about good it, they said it was coming to PC, but I don’t as I’ve searched on Steam and the page is blank, all It did was lead be back to the store.

Epic Mickey II 

(vita)

Next we have Epic Mickey II finding its way to PlayStation Vita, if you’re a friend of mine in real life, you know I loved the first Epic Mickey, didn’t care for the second. This isn’t really a game I’m looking to pick up, but if you have a Vita and are looking for a game to play on it, and don’t mind the glaring differences between one and two or have never played one, I would suggest picking this up.

Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition 

 

Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition is coming to PC, A retro inspired RPG made for iPhone and Android. It takes pen and paper styling to a more classic Final Fantasy approach. If you are into fantasy rpg’s and have a sometime to spare, I say pick this one up. Came out today if I’m not mistaken, it was pretty fun on iOS a lot of customizable things here, you actually do play as the guys who are playing the RPG, and can upgrade things in that effect the overall game play. Pretty neat if you want to try it out before playing it on PC I suggest getting on the iPad as I hate playing games on my iPhones smallish screen.

Jak and Daxter Collection

(PSNV and Vita)

One of my personal favorites The Jak and Daxter collection is making it’s way to PSNV (the PSN on the Vita) If you haven’t played this, I forgive you, but only if you go and pick this game up. Play through ALL OF THEM and then try to tell me they AREN’T fucking amazing. If you don’t like them, we have no further business. If you don’t know what Jack and Daxter is… wiki it… like why are you even here… stop let me stop it’s cool, your just a soulless human who had not childhood it’s cool… it’s a collection of three games A action RPG where you play as the main character Jak as you fight your way through various stages to find out the the mystery of Dark Eco which soon opens up to a much bigger story that is just so satisfying and amazing, and involves a Legacy that exist in their world called the Precursor Legacy. Get it play it and enjoy it, the first game is kinda slow, but the second one makes up for, mainly cause Jak isn’t a mute anymore. He speaks… and oh boy did I love his first words lol. I would suggest picking this one up if  you’re a old fan, or never played Jak and Daxter in which case it is already on the PSN for PS3 GET IT NOW IF YOU HAVE A PS3 if not, GET A PS4 WHEN IT COMES OUT, AND GET IT!!!!

Storm


Next we have a interesting little title called Storm coming to PS3 I don’t know much about this game other than what I was able to look up in such a short amount of time. Apparently you can manipulate nature such as wind, rain, lighting, and snow, to solve puzzles… at your own pace. Interacting with the land scape in season to lead a seed to a new home… it’s a puzzle game. If your into puzzle games ENJOY… as I stated it’s coming out for the PS3 if I’m not mistaken most US releases released TODAY and most release on Tuesdays anyway, if your overseas in the UK or Europe it will be out Friday.


Castlevanina Lament of Innocence


Next we have Castlevania Lament of Innocence, a PS2 classic coming to PSN along with Corvette Evolution GT also a PS2 classic coming to PSN, not a big racing fan, but the Castlevania games have always been a favorite of mine, I’m thinking about getting it just for old time’s sake, kinda to pass the time while I wait for other more exciting titles to drop.

New Super Luigi U

 
New Super Luigi U is coming to the eShop for the Wii U… Where do they come up with these names, and my god, Nintendo just loves the Mario brothers don’t they. We will never see an end to the two will we. I don’t know though I haven’t played a Mario game in the last few years, I think I might get this later on after I’ve beaten or gotten bore with some of the games I’m currently playing for reviews, and leisure. I mean come on who doesn’t enjoy a solid Mario or Luigi title, and it’s about time Luigi gets some more love Mario is always hogging the spot light.


Magrunner: Dark Pulse


Next up we have Magrunner: Dark Pulse coming out for the PC another puzzle game, dear god, you play as Dax one of the seven Magrunners participating in an elite space training program under the gaze of the MagTech Corporation, however, the program quickly turns into a Lovecraftian nightmare… wut??? Not my kind of game, I don’t care if your into it it’ll be out on the 20th.

Max Payne 3

(Mac)

Lastly we have Max Payne 3 coming to the Mac on the 20th as well. This game has been out since the 15th of May if memory serves me right, and came out on pc the 1st of this month, well it’s coming to macs in two days, if you can’t wait, or not a PC gamer, it’s out on for PS3 and Xbox 360. You should already know what Max Payne is, this time I’m seriously not going to tell you what it is, if you don’t know WIKI IT.

 

Well ladies and gentlemen that is it for today’s video game news and updates, join me tomorrow for more. I’m sorry todays came out so late, I had to help some move out their house… long story, short, I now have a burning hatred for stairs. ANYWAY that’s it thank you for your continued support and time, and I’ll try to get the next one out at a more convenient hour. Good night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment